Guidelines to Get What You Really Need
Are you being swindled? Are you handing your credit card to people marketing information to you that you already know? Or, worse yet, are you buying from people marketing information to you that you never actually get? Your immediate response is most likely, “not me!” If that’s true, fantastic! Now read on and consider which of your friends you may help… you might save them thousand of dollars.
First, I confess, I’m hopping onto the complaint train for just a quick trip here…it’s not typical of me, at all (in fact, “complaining “ is a dirty word as far as I am concerned), but if it keeps even one of you ( or your friend) from spending your valuable cash on a faux guru that it’s worth it.
What do I mean by “faux guru?”
I am referring to someone who positions themselves as a guru in business, mindset, marketing, spirituality, etc., but whose true skill is sales. (Ironically, I must respect the skill because many of them are very financially successful) They sell you on the idea that you will learn something, and when you get to the event/ seminar/ webinar you are sold again on the idea that there is a BIGGER something that you need to pay to learn and so on and so on. I have seen an incredible amount of this manipulation, and I am offended. I am offended because I consider content to be of utmost importance when I “have the stage,” whether it is a literal stage or a webinar. Lately, I have seen a few “gurus” deliver little, if any, value to their audience. (This is where any respect I had for their sales abilities is negated).
For me, if someone leaves without a at least a nugget of new and valuable information that they can take and use immediately, then I have failed.
I work with visionaries, and my responsibility to them is to provide them with the tools to enable them to make the difference they were designed to make in the world. If I do not provide tools for them that they can take away and build with, my time with them is wasted.
That’s what it come down to … are you getting what you really need? How can you know?
Here are a few guidelines:
- Will this “expert” give you something you can use immediately, and effectively, to change your current state for better? Will you develop skills or clarity that will be able to be utilized and built upon in order to create the life that you want?
- Will this “expert” provide a product for you that you can utilize immediately and effectively to change your current state for better? And: Is this product something you cannot create on your own?
- Will this “expert” introduce you to people who can immediately and effectively change your current state for better?
If the answer to any of these is a very strong yes, then go for it! Full speed ahead! Set course for your biggest goals and call me when you get there!
If you hesitated for a second in any of these answers, it might be because you already possess the knowledge to get yourself from your current state to the better!
What may not help you:
- Learning how to sell, from being sold (seriously, look for it!).
- Interpreting your dreams (you do this already).
- Interpreting your true calling (you and God do this already… just listen).
My bottom line…trust in your brilliance, your talent and your dream. Your “big picture” is drawn by YOU every day.
Surround yourself with a great support team that can make that big picture happen, but before you bring someone onto your team… run them through the guidelines above. Do they truly qualify to help you make the impact you are designed to make? Will they deliver?
The world is waiting for you to make your impact. We are counting on you to do it effectively. I have faith that you will!